For me to make sound giving
decisions on which charities I give to, I look
· Has high accountability standards and provides documentation that meet these basic standards:
§ How they govern their organization.
§ In the ways they spend their money.
§ In the truthfulness of their representations, and.
§ In their willingness to disclose basic information to the public
· Foster public confidence.
· Encourages fair and honest solicitation practices.
· Promotes ethical conduct.
· Ensure adherence to all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations including submission of financial information.
· A board of directors that provides adequate oversight of the charity's operations and its staff.
· No transaction(s) in which any board or staff members have material conflicting interests with the charity resulting from any relationship or business affiliation.
Based on meeting my criteria, these are the charities I give to:
· St. Rose Church. (my church)
My advice is that you give up to 10% of your income to your favorite charity or charities. This is just a guideline; charities will accept whatever you can afford to give them.
Beginning now, we're going to track the generosity of people associated with real estate. After you make your contribution to your favorite charity I'd like you to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave the information on my web site at cashflowforlife.com of the charity name and the amount that you've given. We're going to tally our progress as a group showing the compassion and concern we have as real estate investors and practitioners. We will also report the progress to all of you so you can take pride in the positive difference you're making in this world.
Our group goal is $1,000,000.00 for the fiscal year July 2006 through June 2007. Just for clarification, you're not making contributions through us and us forwarding the contribution to your favorite charity. You're only reporting the results to us so we can track the generosity of the real estate community.
2000-2008 Universal Publishing, Inc All Rights Reserved